This easy recipe for vegan cauliflower soup is very creamy and “cheesy”, full of flavor and so simple to make!
I love making soups both winter and summer. They are so easy to make and very budget-friendly 😉
The nutritional yeast is optional in this soup recipe, but it gives a delicious cheesy flavor. And it is full of vitamins and minerals. To make this cauliflower soup more filling and creamy I used cashew nuts. If you don’t have them or want to make nut-free soup, I recommend adding either vegan cream or coconut cream instead. Or tofu works well also!
Tip! If you want to make this soup for picky kids or someone who doesn’t fancy cauliflower too much, you can add peanut butter in it. It covers the regular taste of cauliflower making this soup recipe like “peanut butter soup”, and kids will love it 😉
Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- 500 g cauliflower half of one large cauliflower
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts about 80 g
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste
- a pinch of cayenne pepper optional, only if you like it a bit spicy! If not, skip this one.
- Chop the cauliflower, onion, and garlic roughly.
- Heat the vegetable broth in a pot and add veggies and cashew nuts.
- Cook on medium-high heat for about 10 minutes ( or until cauliflower is fork-tender ).
- Use a hand blender ( or another blender ) to make this a smooth soup.
- Add nutritional yeast and spices of your choice ( no need to add salt if you had some in the broth and cayenne is just optional - skip it if you don't like spicy soups ).
- Let the soup simmer on low heat for another 5 minutes and serve.