This tofu stir-fry recipe is quick and easy to make. It’s flavor-packed and delicious dish you can make in 20 minutes. Crispy tofu and vegetables with a mouth-watering sauce!
Broccoli tofu stir fry is one of my favorite combination when making vegan stir fry recipe. I like to eat eat as it is but you can serve this recipe with rice or noodles or fresh salad on the side.
And remember, You can use any veggies you have for this dish – delicious vegan stir fry sauce is the key! If you don’t like tofu, use tempeh or seitan instead. Or just use more vegetables.
This tofu stir fry is naturally vegan and also gluten-free if you use gluten free tamari or soy sauce. I used also nutritional yeast for this sauce recipe to get extra vitamins and because I like the taste but that is totally optional.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 250 g firm tofu
- 2 medium-sized carrots chopped
- a big handful of broccoli
- 1 small onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- sesame seeds on top optional
- INGREDIENTS FOR THE SAUCE:
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast optional
- 7-9 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1/2 juice of lime
- Chili powder to taste optional
- Drain the tofu. Use paper towels and pat dry, or press the tofu lightly with hands to squeeze out excess moisture. Cut the tofu into 3/4-inch cubes.
- Chop the onion and vegetables to bite size pieces and mince the garlic.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil to medium-high heat.
- Cook the veggies and tofu on medium-high heat for about 10 minutes until the vegetables are fork-tender. You can also add a few tablespoons of water if you want them to be a bit softer.
- Add all ingredients for the sauce, except water, to a small bowl. Stir until a thick paste is formed and then add in water 1 tbsp at a time until you have a creamy sauce.
- Pour the sauce over veggies and stir gently.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds on the top. Serve hot with rice or noodles or eat as it is.