This simple and creamy recipe for cashew cream cheese is perfect as an everyday spread on bread or bagel or easy vegan dip for veggies. Great vegan and dairy-free substitute for classic cream cheese.
This Vegan cream cheese recipe is one of those foods you would find from my fridge every week 😉 It’s so easy to make and works with so many different foods.
You can make vegan cream cheese without Nutritional yeast also but it does give more “cheesy” taste. And it is full of vitamins and minerals, making it a perfect addition to a healthy plant-based diet. You can find it in most health food stores if you local shop doesnt have it. Or you can order it online.
Cashew Cream Cheese
- 200 g raw cashews
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 0,5 tsp salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- chopped chives (optional)
- Soak the cashew in water overnight ( or at least 4 hours ) and then drain and rinse them. If you are in a hurry, put cashews in boiling hot water for 20-30mins and then rinse them. Soaking the cashews make them easier to blend and you will have a more creamy texture.
- Place the cashews and rest of the ingredients ( except chives ) into a food processor. If you don't have a food processor, use a hand blender instead.
- Blend until creamy and smooth. Add more water if needed.
- Taste the mixture and add more salt or lemon juice if you like. Garnish with fresh chive.
- Let it cool in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Onion and Herbs Vegan Cream Cheese
You can modify the cream cheese recipe above and add different herbs to it. I recommend 1 teaspoon of each:
- And pinch of black pepper.