Elevate your vegan foods with this Cashew Cream Cheese – a simple, creamy, and dairy-free delight. Perfect for your bagels or as a veggie dip.
Are you on the hunt for a scrumptious, dairy-free spread that goes perfectly on your morning toast or bagel? Look no further! Our Cashew Cream Cheese is not only simple to prepare but also incredibly versatile. It’s the ultimate vegan substitute for classic cream cheese and a staple in our kitchen. In this post, we’ll share the recipe for this delightful cream cheese, explore its benefits, and even introduce you to a flavorful variation – Onion and Herbs Vegan Cream Cheese.
This Vegan cream cheese recipe is one of those foods you would find from my fridge every week 😉 It’s so easy to make and works with so many different foods.
You can make vegan cream cheese without Nutritional yeast but it does give a more “cheesy” taste. And it is full of vitamins and minerals, making it a perfect addition to a healthy plant-based diet. You can find it in most health food stores if your local shop doesn’t have it. Or you can order it online.
Cashew Cream Cheese
- 200 g raw cashews
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 0,5 tsp salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- chopped chives (optional)
- Soak the cashews in hot water for 10–15 minutes. Drain and rinse them thoroughly. Soaking the cashews make them easier to blend and you will have a more creamy texture.
- Place all ingredients (except chives) into a food processor (a hand blender can be used as an alternative).
- Blend the mixture until it becomes smooth. If needed, add more water.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning by adding more salt or lemon juice according to your preference. Garnish with freshly chopped chives.
- Let it cool in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes before serving.