This vegan coconut curry sauce is to die for! If you have ever liked Thai food you will love this one 😉
You can use any veggies you have for this dish – the sauce is the thing!
This coconut curry sauce is to die for! If you have ever liked Thai food you will love this one 😉
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 2 medium carrots
- 250 g firm tofu
- 1/2 medium yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp ginger paste or finely minced fresh ginger from a one-inch piece
- 1 tbsp yellow curry powder
- 2-3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 juice of lime
- 1 tsp soy/tamari sauce
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts optional
- Chop the vegetables and tofu to bite size pieces.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add veggies, tofu, onion and garlic.
- Cook on medium-high heat for about 2 minutes and then start adding spices ( ginger, curry powder, red curry paste, coriander, salt and sugar ).
- Mix all the spices with veggies and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, lime juice, soy sauce and cashews to a pan and let it simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes ( or until the carrots are fork-tender ).
- Serve with rice, noodles or quinoa or eat as it is.