An easy and healthy falafel recipe that is crispy on the outside but soft on the inside.
Chickpeas are excellent vegan and gluten-free source of protein and fiber and also contain exceptional levels of iron, vitamin B-6, and magnesium.
- 1 can of chickpeas 200 g when rinsed
- 1/2 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- big handful of fresh parsley 1-1 1/2 cups
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp graham flour all-purpose flour is also fine
- 4 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp tahini
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and use a hand blender to mix everything together.
- Put the mixture into a fridge for 1-2 hours ( not mandatory but this helps you to create round falafels without the dough sticking to your hands.
- Heat the oven to 175 degrees C
- Roll the mixture into balls about the size of a golf ball and roll in the sesame seeds.
- Bake the falafels in the oven for 15 minutes.
- To make these extra crispy, fry with oil on a medium heat pan for a few minutes.