A healthy green beans recipe with an Indian flavor. Super tasty but not too spicy.
Did you know: Flat beans are one of the healthiest vegetables for your heart. A good source of vitamin A, K, C, proteins, and folate.
Indian-style green beans
- 400 g flat green beans about 20-22 peaces
- 1 small onion
- 2 tbsp vegetable/olive oil
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- salt to taste
- Cut the beans into about 2-inch pieces and chop the onion finely.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the cumin seeds and chopped onion and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, garlic, turmeric powder, chili powder and a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Add the green beans to a pan and mix well.
- Cover the pan and let the dish simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with rice or bread or eat as it is.