This hoisin tofu is a good combination of sweetness and saltiness. It works very well with different kinds of dishes or with snack-sized tofu pieces as in the picture.
Tofu is an excellent source of protein and contains all nine essential amino acids.
Marinated Hoisin Tofu
- 200-250 g extra firm or firm tofu
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp onion powder
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- Slice the tofu into 1/2-inch thick pieces and lay them between paper towels to remove as much of the water as possible.
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Stir well.
- Place tofu pieces in the marinade and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Cook or fry the pieces in medium heat for a few minutes on both sides until golden brown.