Looking for an easy Mexican chili recipe? This simple and cheap vegan chili with the perfect Mexican flavor is one of the dishes I make almost every week!
Chili peppers are very high in powerful antioxidants, which is important for the immune function.
- 800 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper roughly chopped
- 2 medium carrots peeled and finely chopped
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 300 g canned corn
- 400 g canned kidney beans
- 1 vegetable cube
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro on top optional
- Chop the onion, bell pepper, carrot and garlic.
- Fry the veggies and onions in a pot with a little bit of water ( you can use oil if you like it better ) for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, vegetable cube and all the spices. Mix well and let it simmer under the lid on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the red kidney beans and add those and corn to the pot and let them simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with rice or quinoa and garnish with fresh cilantro.