A delicious and easy vegan peanut noodle salad recipe with healthy colorful vegetables and crispy tofu. Creamy thai-style peanut dressing makes this salad very tasty and filling.
You can add more chili if you like it more spicy or leave away if this is a lunch or dinner for kids – they will love the peanut sauce! You can also serve vegetables and tofu in a different bowl and only mix peanut sauce with noodles. And if tofu is not your thing, feel free to replace it with tempeh or seitan. Or just eat this dish with vegetables.
This Vegan Noodle Salad is also perfect party food as you can make it ahead, it last well for 3-4 days in the fridge. And taste just gets better. For gluten-free version you can just use rice noodles or chickpea noodles.
Noodle salad with Peanut Sauce
- 150 g noodles of your choice
- 200 g firm tofu
- 200 g broccoli
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- INGREDIENTS FOR PEANUT SAUCE
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp agave
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2-4 tbsp water if needed
- Cut the tofu in bite-size pieces and fry in a dry pan for few minutes until extra water is fade away. That will make tofu more crispy. When tofu is dry add 1 tsp olive oil and 1 tsp soy sauce and fry for 4-5 minutes. Set aside and let it cool while preparing other ingredients.
- Cut the broccoli to bite-size pieces and cook in salted water. When broccoli is fork-tender take away from the water and cook noodles in the same water. After noodles are "al-dente" drain and rinse with cold water.
- Grate the carrot into very thin slices and cut the bell pepper to small pieces.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients well together. Add more chili if you like more spicy dressing. if the dressing is too thick, add some water.
- Combine all ingredients in a salad bowl and serve. You can also make this beforehand, vegan noodle salad keeps well in the fridge for a few days.