Looking for the best recipe for homemade hummus? This Lebanese hummus recipe is easy to make and takes less than 10 minutes. It is a classic Middle Eastern dip that is perfect with fresh bread, veggies, or falafels. Hummus is also naturally vegan so no need to make any tricks or use substitutes.
Hummus recipe from canned chickpeas is the easiest and fastest way to make it. Canned chickpeas are also easier to digest so if you have a sensitive stomach I recommend using canned beans and rinsing them well before using. And I promise you, this creamy and smooth hummus recipe or so much tastier than store-bought ones
Chickpeas are high in protein and make an excellent replacement for meat in a vegan diet.
- 400 g canned chickpeas (or garbanzo beans)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tbsp water (add more if needed)
- ground paprika (for serving)
- 1/2 tps salt (add more if needed)
- Rinse the chickpeas well in cold water and put them in a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and use a hand blender or a food processor until the mixture is smooth and all the ingredients are well combined. Add more water if your hummus is too thick.
- For serving you can add some olive oil on top and finish with sprinkled ground paprika for some color.
CAN YOU MAKE HUMMUS WITHOUT TAHINI?
Yes, you can make hummus without tahini. Tahini is a smooth liquid paste made from ground sesame seeds. I love the taste of tahini but if you don’t or you don’t have it, just leave it away. You maybe need to add more olive oil or water instead to this hummus recipe to get the smooth end result.