Quick and easy recipe for vegan spinach mushroom pasta – delicious crispy mushrooms, sweet cherry tomatoes, and healthy spinach. Perfect simple vegan lunch or dinner recipe.
How to make mushrooms taste good? My tip is to first fry mushrooms in a dry pan without oil in medium-high heat for a few minutes to remove extra moist. That will make mushrooms more crispy and delicious. Then add oil and spices and fry a few more minutes more.
This simple yet delicious vegan mushroom pasta recipe is so easy anyone can make it. And without cream and with herbs you can really taste the ingredients. I recommend using good quality virgin olive oil – it makes a huge difference!
Mushroom Pasta with Spinach
- 150 g pasta of your choice I used gluten-free
- 300 g white or brown mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp ground black pepper
- 100 g cherry tomatoes
- 2-4 sun-dried tomatoes
- 50 g frozen spinach or 2-3 big handful of fresh one
- olive oil for cooking
- Cook the pasta or your choice al dente. ( Start tasting the pasta after six or seven minutes, It should feel firm, but not too crunchy,) Rinse quickly with cold water and add a bit of olive oil to stop the pasta sticking together.
- While pasta is cooking, chop the mushrooms, onion, garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Heat the pan and add chopped mushrooms. Fry for few minutes in a dry pan until moist is gone. This will help the mushroom come more crispy. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, onion, garlic, and spices. Sauté for 5 minutes or until mushrooms and onions are lightly browned.
- Add spinach, cherry tomatoes and sun-dried tomatoes and sauté 3-5 minutes until tomatoes soften a bit.
- Mix with pasta and serve hot.