This easy vegan pancake recipe is so good you want to make it again and again. It is easy to make, and ready in about 15-20 minutes. These banana pancakes are naturally sweetened with dates and more filling recipe as I used half oats and half flour. Perfect for a delicious vegan breakfast topped with fresh berries and agave syrup.
This is a perfect vegan pancake recipe for those lazy Sunday mornings 😉 And not only for vegans, this is also a great dairy-free and eggless banana pancake recipe for anyone with allergies to milk or eggs. Or just someone who likes to eat more healthy.
You can also make a gluten-free option just by using gluten-free flour of your choice. And if you don’t have dates for natural sweetness, use sugar or agave or maple syrup instead.
This vegan pancake recipe is tested on a super picky non-vegan kid and non of the pancakes were left after few minutes 😉
Healthy Banana Pancakes
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 cup soy milk
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 dates if you don't have dates, use 1-2 tbsp agave or maple syrup instead
- 1 tsp baking powder
- vegan margarine or oil for cooking
- Making the vegan pancake batter is super simple! Just place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- If you don’t have a blender, first mash up the banana in a mixing bowl with a fork. then add the rest of the ingredients and whisk until smooth. Without blender, you are not able to get dates smooth enough so I recommend agave syrup instead if you don't like pieces in your batter.
- Heat up a pan to medium-high heat with some vegan margarine ( or use oil instead ) and then add in around 2 spoonfuls of batter for each pancake. I made 3-4 pancakes at once in a medium size pan. When pancakes start to look a little dry along the edges and with few bubbles on top, flip them and cook on the other side until browned a bit.
- Serve with agave or maple syrup, fresh fruit or berries, or any dessert sauce of choice.