Tasty and healthy vegan cheese dip recipe! Perfect for pizza and lasagna, vegan fondue, or as a Mexican dip for nachos or veggie sticks.
This whole food, dairy-free version of cheese dip is so amazing I do this almost every week.
Nutritional yeast will give this dip that cheesy taste. And it is full of vitamins and minerals, making it a perfect addition to a healthy plant-based diet.
Vegan Cheese Dip
- 100 g cashew
- 2 carrots ( about 150 g)
- 4 potatoes ( about 300 g)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Peel and cut the potatoes and carrots in smaller pieces and put in a pot.
- Add cashews and cover with water until all barely covered.
- Add 0,5 tsp salt and boil for about 10 minutes until carrots and potatoes are fork-tender.
- Put everything to a blender ( with cooking water included ). Add rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Serve hot or cold and store in a airtight container in the fridge.
How to make Vegan Chili Cheese Dip?
You can easily turn this vegan cheese dip recipe to vegan chili cheese dip and have more kick to it. Just add chili powder 1 teaspoon at a time until you get the spiciness you like. I like to add both chili powder and chili flakes for the texture.