Delicious and Tasty Vegan Moroccan lentil soup recipe with red lentils, vegetables, and potato. Full of flavors with rich spices that make this as a perfect comforting soup recipe. It’s an easy soup to make in just one pot. It’s also freezer-friendly, and meal prep-friendly as it keeps well in a fridge for at least 3-4 days. Maybe longer but I bet you will eat it before 😉
Simple and healthy vegan moroccan soup is perfect for everyone who loves spices but don’t like food to be too hot. You can always add chili to this soup recipe if you like more spicy but flavors are so tasty you really don’t need to! This is a vegan soup recipe that all non-vegans will love too!
Moroccan Lentil Soup
Delicious and Tasty Vegan Moroccan lentil soup recipe with red lentils, vegetables, and potato. Full of flavors with rich spices that make this a perfect comforting soup recipe.
- 1 tbsp olive oil optional
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 white potato
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dry red lentils
- 400 g canned diced tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- fresh parsley or coriander for garnishing optional
- Cut vegetables into small same-size pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large pot. ( for oil-free version just use a splash of water instead ). Add chopped onions, celery, and carrot, and saute in medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes until everything softens slightly.
- Season with the spices, salt, and pepper and cook for another few minutes so that spices combine well with vegetables.
- Add canned tomatoes, vegetable broth, and minced garlic. Bring the soup to a boil, cover and reduce to simmer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes add chopped potatoes. ( I recommend adding potatoes later as it cooks so much faster than lentils and carrots and otherwise comes too soft and mushy ).
- Let the soup simmer for another 15 minutes in medium-high heat.
- For optional garnishes, add some fresh parsley or fresh coriander on top.