This vegan Thai mango salad is a fresh, healthy, and light lunch on its own or a great starter or side dish with different Asian main courses.
Mango is a low-calorie fruit that is high in fibre and a great source of antioxidants.
- 1 big raw mango use 2 if small
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 red onion
- small handful of peanuts
- fresh coriander and mint
- For the dressing:
- 1 chili diced finely or 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 juice of lime
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- Grate the mango and carrot into very thin slices and chop the onion finely.
- In a bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients together.
- Combine the mango, carrot and onion with the dressing and mix well.
- Add the peanuts, chopped coriander and mint and mix gently with the salad.
- Serve cold.