Roasted chickpeas and cauliflower make this salad very filling and rich of protein.
If you are making a bigger portion of salad with greens it’s better to serve the dressing separately. This way everyone can add as much as they like and the salad is going to stay fresh longer.
Veggie Salad with Tahini Dressing
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 small red onion
- a big handful of green salad
- 1/2 cup of sweet corn
- 200 g canned chickpeas roasted with olive oil, salt and pepper
- a big handful of cauliflower roasted with olive oil, salt and pepper
- For the tahini dressing:
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 juice of lemon
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F ( 190 degrees C ).
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas and cut the cauliflower in small pieces.
- Combine in a bowl and add 1-2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp black pepper and mix well.
- Spread the chickpeas and cauliflower out as an even layer on a baking sheet and roast for 20 to 30 minutes until slightly darkened, dry and crispy.
- While chickpeas and cauliflower are in the oven, cut all the ingredients for the salad and prepare the dressing. You can use whatever ingredients you have available for the salad, all work great in this dish.
- For the salad dressing just add all ingredients in a lidded glass jar and mix well. Store in cold and mix well before using.