A healthy, refreshing vegan Vietnamese noodle salad recipe with all the ingredients that tickle your taste buds! Salty, sweet, spicy and sour – a combination for the perfect sauce!
This refreshing summer salad recipe combines the best flavors of Vietnam and is perfect with protein-rich tofu or tempeh.
Vietnamese-Style Noodle Salad
- 100-140 g rice vermicelli noodles or noodles of your choice
- 150 g firm tofu
- 1 carrot sliced into thin strips
- 1 spring onion
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- a handful of mung bean sprouts
- 3 tbsp salted peanuts
- a small handful of fried onion
- a small handful of fresh mint
- a small handful of fresh coriander
- For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 red chili chopped or 1 tsp chili powder
- Place the rice noodles in a deep mixing bowl. Pour boiling water over the rice noodles until they are completely submerged. Stir the noodles after a minute and let them soak for 5 minutes.
- Once the noodles are tender, drain them and rinse them under running cool water to stop the cooking process. Add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil or sunflower oil.
- Cut the tofu into small cubes, chop the spring onion and crush the garlic. Slice the carrot into thin strips.
- Place all the salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix the sauce ingredients and pour over the noodle salad little by little to get amount you like.
- Add more soy sauce or chili if needed and garnish with fried onion and green parts of spring onion.