Delicious tofu scramble, simple, and the best vegan alternative to scrambled eggs. It’s super easy to make, and high in protein, you won’t miss your eggs after this 😉
I know eggs can be one of the foods you miss after going vegan, but this tofu scramble is a real game changer! The texture is on point and if you add black salt – it will almost taste too much like a real egg.
After adding basic ingredients you can customize it as you prefer – veggies, mushrooms, you name it.
This eggless vegan version is healthier, lower in fat, cholesterol-free, and with lots of protein.
You can serve it for breakfast or brunch over a warm toast, bagel, or with salad or fruits. And it only takes 15-20 minutes to make.
vegan tofu scramble
- 200 g firm tofu
- 1 tsp black salt (you can also use regular salt)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp turmeric
- pinch of black pepper
- ¼ cup soy milk
- ½ tsp garlic
- 1 tsp oil (optional for cooking)
- onion or vegetables of your choice optional
- chop the onion or vegetables of your choice to small pieces
- use your hands ( or fork ) to crumble the brick of tofu
- heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan and add the tofu and all the remaining ingredients. ( If you are using veggies, onion or mushrooms, add them first and tofu after 5 minutes )
- Stir and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes
- Add soy milk and cook for another 5 minutes. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Serve the tofu scramble over toast topped with fresh parsley. Or if you like some heat I recommend some chili flakes also.